Warped Tour Returns To Its Roots

11:51 No Comment
Chelsea Lauren/WireImage Kevin Lyman (2nd from left) with associates of The Used at the Vans Warped Bout bang off party.

The Warped Bout apparent its 2012 agenda and dates on Thursday night with a columnist appointment and barrage party, featuring Falling In Reverse, the Used, Dead Sara, Yellowcard and added at L.A.'s Club Nokia. The 2012 copy of the long-running anniversary will arise June 16 in Salt Lake City-limits and run through August 5 in Portland, Oregon. In archetypal Warped fashion, the lineups will generally alter city-limits to city, with some acts, like Rise Against, who are accomplishing four shows, alone accomplishing baddest dates.


Also accurate to Warped tradition, the bill will affection a mix of adept acts, from the Used, Taking Aback Sunday, Newfound Glory and Yellowcard to newbies Cherri Bomb, Dead Sara and Matt Toka.


Warped apostle Kevin Lyman told Rolling Stone that he angry to the tour's illustrious history to book this year's talent. "I looked at the 1995 tour, that was a appealing all-embracing lineup – Sublime, No Doubt, L7, those are all altered sounds," he said. "This year I put it all in there. I anticipate we've entered a new time of music, it's afterpiece to 1995 than ever. You leave your iPod on drag and you can go from Taylor Swift to Mumford & Sons to Kanye West to Falling In Reverse."


Taking the anniversary aback to its roots was important for Lyman, who admits he had developed weary of accomplishing the bout a few years ago, to the point he anticipation it ability be advancing its end. "Three years ago, I was in fact accepting affectionate of bored. I was apparently alert to too abounding added people. So two years ago I just went aback and listened to music again," he says. "I said, 'I'm gonna book an all-embracing appearance and if kids don't come, okay, it's maybe time to end this thing.'"


While Warped is accepted as a jailbait tour, a car for acts like Bad Religion, NOFX and Pennywise, as able-bodied as another bands such as My Chemical Romance, it's aswell been a barrage pad for several pop successes, including Gym Class Heroes, Paramore and Katy Perry. Lyman holds a appropriate abode in his affection for Perry.


"When this is all over I'm gonna be absolutely appreciative of audition one song of Katy Perry and it wasn't 'I Kissed A Girl.' It was 'Ur So Gay' on a band and I went, 'I wish her on Warped tour,'" he says. "And she came out there and abstruse how to be a reside performer. I'm gonna be actual appreciative that I was allotment of that alpha for her in some baby way."


This year's calendar appearance several abiding acts, including the Used advancing aback a decade afterwards their debut. Lyman would acceptable Perry's return, and it wouldn't accept to be as a performer. "'I'd adulation Katy to appear back," he says. "I don't apperceive if it makes faculty for her, but I'd adulation for her to appear to a barbecue one night."

No hay comentarios :

 
Copyright © LatestNewsWeb | Powered by Blogger